Sponges which are intended to apply make-up are more and more successful each day, and that is undoubtedly because of the BeautyBlender, the first of these accessories that reached the heaven of iconic products. Its secret is the beautiful finish it leaves on the skin, similar to the effect we could achieve with an airbrush, with no wrinkles or marks and with a very natural and uniform appearance.
But this sponges are not only useful with foundations but also with cream blush or concealers, which become much more easy to apply and leave astonishing results.
Its anatomic design makes it perfect for all face shapes, and its material, latex free, is smoother than the ones we are accustomed to in other sponges.
Rea Ann Silva was a veteran professional make-up artist working in Hollywood who, tired of the sharp sponges that were usually sold, invented in 2007 the iconic BeautyBlender, an elliptical sponge that offers a flawless coverage without wasting any product. Since then, BeautyBlender has gained an infinity of adepts and followers and has become a must-have brand in any shooting, runway or make-up bag.
The best example of the tremendous success that this item has achieved, and the proof to its efficacy and handiness is the millions of versions other brands had launched inspired by the BeautyBlender. From QVS, to Vanity Tools, there is maybe not a single make-up brand that hasn’t its own variation of the famous sponge.
Here we can see some of them.
Not only other brands has benefited from the success of the original BeautyBlender, this same brand has launched several versions of its miracle sponge: different colors, sizes and purpose to fit your needs and aesthetics. They all follow the same principle: the egg shape of the sponge combines a pointy end to keep the details under control (and to reach difficult areas like under the eyes, around the nostrils and the corners of the mouth) with a rounded end to blend out the make-up with that “most wanted” airbrush effect.
The different colors indicate different purposes or limited editions. An easy guide to them is:
- Purple. Royal purple limited edition. Use as original one for foundation.
- Gray. BeautyBlusher. To apply blush.
- Blotterazzi. To blot excess oils for touch ups on the go.
- Red. Red carpet limited edition. Use as original one for foundation.
- Black. The Pro one. Multipurpose, to apply foundation, bronzer, self-tanners, blushers and concealers.
- White. BeautyBlender Pure to change your moisturizing routine, apply your creams and lotions.
- Green. Micro Mini. Precisely apply concealers.
- BodyBlender. Flatter and bigger shape to be perfect all over! For body use.
HOW TO USE
- The sponge should be submerged underwater to let it be completely soaked. To help the process we can squeeze it several times under the water to allow it to be fully saturated.
- We should then squeeze it gently with our hand till it drains. Let the maximum water out.
- Remove excess humidity with a towel.
- Pour some foundation or product in the back of our hand and soak the part of the sponge that we will be using in it.
- Tap gently into the face using different ends of the sponge to achieve different finishes and reach all corners.
It should be washed carefully after each use to prevent make-up to clog it up and leave residues on our face.
If this has been enough to convince you of how indispensable the BeautyBlender is, don’t hesitate to shop now here! http://deathlessvogue.com/product/beautyblender-original/